How to Get a Beach Body
Wouldn’t it be great if you could just click a button, and overnight you could turn your body into an amazing beach body? Well, unfortunately we are going to have to leave this technology to The Jetsons and Futurama! Anyway, where would the fun be if you didn’t have to work at developing up the perfect body?
While you can’t develop a beach body with a nice strong six pack and rippling arm muscles overnight, the good news is that you can make these improvements to your body in a relatively short amount of time. What’s more it isn’t that difficult to do. While you will have to undertake more exercise, and show a bit of discipline in what you eat, the difference in your activities between being overweight and un-toned, and being fit, strong and muscular is not that great. Interested? Then read on to learn how to get your beach body quickly!
Jennifer Hawkins Bikini Body
The first thing you need to do is develop up your abdominals. A strong stomach and a strong core sets the body for all the other improvements that you will be making. To develop up your abdominals and to get that six pack that you have always been after, you need to undertake the following exercises below:
- The Bicycle: This is the most effective abdominal exercise around. Start by lying on your back on an exercise mat. Put your hand behind your head and bring your knees up. Now start doing stomach crunches by bring you head, right arm and shoulder to your left knee. Repeat this on the other side. Start by doing three sets of 20. This will have your abs looking great in no time.
- Long arm crunches: If you know how to do a normal abdominal crunch then you will know how to do this exercise. Lie on your back with your knees bent. Now, instead of having your hands touching the back of your head, stretch them out behind your head. Now do crunches as you normally would. The extra energy needed to do this exercise helps to tone your body very quickly. Trust us, you will feel it in your stomach! Three sets of 10 is a perfect place to start.
- Crunches: Normal crunches still have a place in your workout regime. As with the long arm crunches try and do three sets of 10.
If you do the above exercises five times a week, you will start feeling your adominal getting into shape very quickly. If you still feel no improvement read the 12 Reasons You’re Not Losing Fat article.
Now that you know how to develop a strong core, let’s look at working on your arms.
Hugh Jackman On The Beach
Having strong and toned arms is definitely a better look than having soft flabby ones. Luckily there are a few exercises that can help get your arms toned quickly. These are detailed below:
- Biceps curls: Buy yourself some free weight dumbbells and start doing some bicep curls. There are a range of techniques but they all do pretty much the same thing. Stand in front of the mirror and do three sets of 10 repititons at a weight you feel comfortable at. The mirror just isn’t so you can see how good you look, it is to make sure that you keep the right technique through each repetition. After a week or two, slightly increase the weight.
- Hammer lifts: As well as your biceps you will need to develop your triceps. The best way is through hammer lifts. Using the same dumbbells hold them vertically instead of horizontally. Making sure that you keep your elbows close to your body start lifting the weights up. Again try and do three sets of 10. An alternative is to lift the weights out behind you.
Beach Bikini Body
Now that you know how to make your body strong, you will need to get fitter as well. After all, it isn’t a good look at the beach if you are puffed by the time you get to the water’s edge. Having the Bondi Life Guards rescue you is also probably not a great way to impress your date or perspective partner!
As such, you will need to do some aerobic exercise. Whether it is going for a half hour job three times a week, or going for a bike ride, it will all help. You can even consider team sports such as volley ball or basketball if the thought of doing this type of exercise by yourself seems too much!
If you do half an hour of aerobic exercise three times a week, you will notice a big difference in your physical fitness and overall weight.
Doing the above exercises is a good start…but…you will also need to watch your diet. Going for a 30 minute jog and then eating a six pack of Krispy Kremes is going to be counterproductive. Sorry! Try and eat healthy five days a week and you can then afford to have the odd meal on the weekend that involves burgers and chips. Make sure that you watch the snacking as well. This is a major cause of weight gain.
You don’t have to be perfect every day of the week. In fact this is going to be damn near impossible. However, if you are good on most days then you will still see the overall benefits of the hard work that you have been putting in.
As can be seen from above, developing up the perfect beach body, does require some work, but it isn’t as hard as you may first have imagined. With some lifestyle changes you can be well on your way to carving out the perfect body. Start by building up your abdominals and core, as well as your arms. Follow this with aerobic training and a healthy diet. After this, all that is left to do is find the orange spray tan, and head down to the beach in the fluro yellow speedos!